You will find great golf packages, bike rentals, Guided Tours court time and things to do at this new site. Find your lodging on these pages and than let us help you find the fun! Please call (843)341-4819 to speak with our golf package specialist or e-mail info@HHPRandR.com.
Find Our Turtle Nest on Your Vacation
Ready for some family fun on our beach? Hilton Head Properties R and R has adopted four Sea Turtle nest on Hilton Head Island. Find one(or all) of our nests on Hilton Head Island and we will register you to win a big comfy beach towel. One beach towel drawing will be made every week from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Island visitors, guests and friends are welcome to participate! Please click here to read more.
Top 10 things to do on Hilton Head
#1 – Go to the beach – Hilton Head Island, SC
Get out on the Beach and enjoy the single most important reason we all love Hilton Head Island. With over 12 miles of hard pack sand, the beach is perfect for a bike ride, a walk, a run or a nap! The oceanfront resorts along the beach are perfect rest areas to recharge with a cool drink or lunch. They include the Oceanfront Westin, The Marriott, The Omni, Crystal Sands and Holiday Inn.
#2 – Get out on the water – Hilton Head Island, SC
Be sure to see the Island from the water. Local charter boats offer fishing, sailing or dolphin watches. For the more adventurous, renting a kayak, a sailboat, or a motor boat are all ways to experience the water. For the small and meek, grabbing a chicken neck and string are a great way to enjoy the water from afar. Taking the Daufuskie Tour will get you out on the water as well(see #10)
#3 Historical Tours – Hilton Head Island, SC
Take a day off from the beach in the middle of the week and plan a day trip t0 Savannah(35 miles), Charleston(98 miles), Beaufort(35 miles) or the Discovery Museum of Hilton Head. These areas offer everything from horse drawn carriage tours to walking tours through the cities. You may wish to hire a private guide or discover your own special areas of interest. Please email us at email@example.com to find out more about these tours.
#4 – Hit the bike paths – Hilton Head Island, SC
The founding fathers of Hilton Head were green before this term was ever discovered. In the design of the Island and the many communities, Hilton Head was masterplanned with miles of bike path ways. This map will help you navigate the pathways in discovery around the Island.
#5 Hop a ferry – Visit Daufuskie Island, SC
If you have seen the movie Conrack or The Water is Wide, you have a bit of an idea of what you may see on this sea Island. A short boat ride and a bus ride around the Island will allow you to see this calm and wonderful Island. The residents choose to live here for it is a love of all things natural and wonderful. You may rent a golf cart and explore the Island on your own. Be sure to stop by the local artists including Silver Dew Pottery, The Daufuskie Gallery and the Iron Fish Gallery.
#6 Take a real estate tour – Hilton Head Island, SC
Schedule a rainy day real estate tour with an Island Realtor. They say if a property looks good on a rainy day, you will love it the other 200+ days of the year! Schedule a tour to see properties around Hilton Head Island. We know the best values and love selling the Island. A word of caution, do not wait until next years vacation to the Island as you will miss the bottom pricing we offer today!
#7 Fireworks and Festivals – Hilton Head Island
The festivals are all year events including this weeks “Chamber Golf Week” and this months “Springfest” on Hilton Head Island. During the summer weeks another fun event is the fireworks in Shelter Cove every Tuesday nite. The harbour also offers arts and crafts and a choice of many restaurants along the promenade. As always, all events in Shelter Cove are free and open to the public.
#8 Visit The Museum – Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
The Discovery Museum of Hilton Head offers events and activities including the “Turtle Talk and Walk”. This is an evening lecture and beach walk led by naturalists to educate participants about the threatened Loggerhead Sea Turtle. You will find the Discovery Museum off the Island Parkway on the North End of Hilton Head.
#9 Shop and Dine – Hilton Head
It has been determined that the two favorite activities outside of the beach are shopping and dining on Hilton Head Island. With over 300 restaurants catering to every appetite, the Island offers great restaurants from fancy to casual. To build up the appetite, shopping is rated to be another reason to visit.
The lighthouse is located in Sea Pines and you can combine this trip with a dinner or lunch out. Of course, visiting South Beach while you are in Sea Pines is a must in order to pick up a Salty Dog T-Shirt. Perhaps visiting South Beach, going to dinner at one of the many Sea Pines Restaurants(my favorite is Truffles) and than enjoying a concert under the Liberty Oak with Greg Russell in Harbourtown will make the $5.00 gate pass worth every penny!
#11 Zipline – Hilton Head Island
When you visit Zipline Hilton Head on Marshland Road, you will find great guides and an exciting new adventure in the Low-Country. We climbed one of the towers overlooking Broad Creek and could hear the laughter and the humming of families zipping through the Low-Country. Landon Chase, Social Marketing Director shared with us information about the ZipLine course and this exciting new addition to the Island. Read the rest of this entry
Here are the “must have” links for Hilton Head Island!
- Map of Hilton Head Island
- Hilton Head Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Outside Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Tennis
- Hilton Head Golf Courses
- Hilton Head Island Beach Regulations
- Hilton Head Island Water Temperature Guide
Hilton Head Happenings and Festivals
- February ~ Annual Hilton Head Island Gullah Celebration. Festivals celebrating the unique West African cultural heritage of the sea islands.
- March ~Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival Events planned include Wine Centered Women, Uncork the Festival, International Wine Judging and Competition.
- March ~ Hargray Wingfest 11am-6pm Come out to Shelter Cove Park for wings, wings and more wings! Food, live entertainment, activities and fun.
- April ~ RBC Heritage Golf Tournament. It’s a legacy and tradition — a storied PGA TOUR golf tournament that’s been hosted by Harbour Town Golf Links for years.
- April ~ Hilton Head Seafood Festival ~ Shelter Cove Park Area restaurants will be featuring their best seafood dishes.
- July 4th – Firecracker 500– 8:00AM SC 5K Sanctioned Run & Health Walk Mall at Shelter Cove – Hilton Head
- September Hilton Head Island Celebrity Golf Tournament. Matches amateur golfers and celebrities for a Labor Day Weekend
- October ~ The annual Historic Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival held in the charming and eclectic historic district of Bluffton, well known for its natural river beauty.
Random Fun Links
- Click HERE for air fare deals to Hilton Head
- Click HERE for Hilton Head Island & Blufftons Events Calendar this month.
- Click HERE for a great weather website with wind, tide and weather
- Click HERE for searching all of our real estate by keywords
- Click HERE to see the latest plays at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Click HERE to visit the Coastal Discovery Museum
- Click HERE to find events in Charleston
- Click HERE to read the local newspaper The Island Packet
Day Trips from Hilton Head Island
Day Trip to Savannah from Hilton Head Island – The other day drove we drove to Savannah in the late afternoon, shopped, had dinner and were back on the Island at 8 pm. While we were there my wife introduced us to an incredible“Bee Store” and we sampled the Tupelo Honey which as the story goes comes from blossoms that only are out for a few weeks in a specific region. If you have a chance to visit Savannah check out the Carriage Tours, Paula Deens Restaurant~ The Lady and Sons, Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room, The Crystal Beer Parlor, Historic River Street, and Bonaventure Cemetery.
Daytrip to Beaufort from Hilton Head Island – Beaufort, South Carolina offers small town southern charm and is only a 45 minute drive from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Nearby is the home to the Paris Island Marine Corps Base. If you have a chance to visit you will find great bed and breakfast spots, a wonderful Waterfront Park,
Please feel free to contact us for things to do in the Hilton Head Area. Thank you.
Talk To An Agent
Stay up to date on Hilton Head Properties’ news and community events. We promise to never spam you!