Hilton Head, SC is full of things to do, from golfing, to shopping, to dining, to fun! While spending time on the beach is sure to be one of your top priorities, be sure to take some time to explore everything that the area has to offer. The first step is to find the perfect Hilton Head vacation rental, and then let us help you find the fun! Remember, when you book with Hilton Head Properties you get access to a plethora of free activities!
#1 – Go to the beach – Hilton Head Island, SCGet out on the Beach and enjoy the single most important reason we all love Hilton Head Island. With over 12 miles of hard pack sand, the beach is perfect for a bike ride, a walk, a run or a nap! The oceanfront resorts along the beach are perfect rest areas to recharge with a cool drink or lunch. They include the Oceanfront Westin, The Marriott, The Omni, Crystal Sands and Holiday Inn.
#2 – Get out on the water – Hilton Head Island, SCBe sure to see the Island from the water. Local charter boats offer fishing, sailing or dolphin watches. For the more adventurous, renting a kayak, a sailboat, or a motor boat are all ways to experience the water. For the small and meek, grabbing a chicken neck and string are a great way to enjoy the water from afar. Taking the Daufuskie Tour will get you out on the water as well (see #10).
#3 Historical Tours – Hilton Head Island, SCTake a day off from the beach in the middle of the week and plan a day trip t0 Savannah(35 miles), Charleston(98 miles), Beaufort(35 miles) or the Discovery Museum of Hilton Head. These areas offer everything from horse drawn carriage tours to walking tours through the cities. You may wish to hire a private guide or discover your own special areas of interest. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about these tours.
#4 – Hit the bike paths – Hilton Head Island, SCThe founding fathers of Hilton Head were green before this term was ever discovered. In the design of the Island and the many communities, Hilton Head was master-planned with miles of bike path ways. This map will help you navigate the pathways in discovery around the Island.
#5 – Hop a ferry – Visit Daufuskie Island, SCIf you have seen the movie Conrack or The Water is Wide, you have a bit of an idea of what you may see on this sea Island. A short boat ride and a bus ride around the Island will allow you to see this calm and wonderful Island. The residents choose to live here for it is a love of all things natural and wonderful. You may rent a golf cart and explore the Island on your own. Be sure to stop by the local artists including Silver Dew Pottery, The Daufuskie Gallery and the Iron Fish Gallery.
#6 – Take a real estate tour – Hilton Head Island, SCSchedule a rainy day real estate tour with an Island Realtor. They say if a property looks good on a rainy day, you will love it the other 200+ days of the year! Schedule a tour to see properties around Hilton Head Island. We know the best values and love selling the Island. A word of advice, do not wait until next years vacation to the island as you will miss the pricing we offer today!
#7 – Fireworks and Festivals – Hilton Head IslandThe festivals are all year events including this weeks “Chamber Golf Week” and this months “Springfest” on Hilton Head Island. During the summer weeks another fun event is the fireworks in Shelter Cove every Tuesday nite. The harbour also offers arts and crafts and a choice of many restaurants along the promenade. As always, all events in Shelter Cove are free and open to the public.
#8 – Visit The Museum – Hilton Head Island, SC 29926The Discovery Museum of Hilton Head offers events and activities including the “Turtle Talk and Walk”. This is an evening lecture and beach walk led by naturalists to educate participants about the threatened Loggerhead Sea Turtle. You will find the Discovery Museum off the Island Parkway on the North End of Hilton Head.
#9 – Shop and Dine – Hilton HeadIt has been determined that the two favorite activities outside of the beach are shopping and dining on Hilton Head Island. With over 300 restaurants catering to every appetite, the Island offers great restaurants from fancy to casual. To build up the appetite, shopping is rated to be another reason to visit.
#10 – Visit a Lighthouse – Hilton Head IslandThe lighthouse is located in Sea Pines, and you can combine this trip with a dinner or lunch out. Of course, visiting South Beach while in Sea Pines is a must so you can pick up a Salty Dog T-Shirt. Perhaps visiting South Beach, going to dinner at one of the many Sea Pines Restaurants (my favorite is Truffles), and then enjoying a concert under the Liberty Oak with Greg Russell in Harbourtown will make the cost of the gate pass worth every penny!
#11 – Zipline – Hilton Head IslandWhen you visit Zipline Hilton Head on Marshland Road, you will find great guides and an exciting new adventure in the Low-Country. We climbed one of the towers overlooking Broad Creek and could hear the laughter and humming of families zipping through the Low-Country. Landon Chase, Social Marketing Director shared with us information about the ZipLine course and this exciting new addition to the Island. Read the rest of this entry.
Here are the “must have” links for Hilton Head Island!
- Map of Hilton Head Island
- Weather and Tides of Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Outside Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Tennis
- Golf Courses of Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Island Beach Regulations
Random Fun Links
- Click HERE for air fare deals to Hilton Head
- Click HERE for Hilton Head Island & Bluffton’s Events Calendar this month.
- Click HERE for a great weather website with wind, tide, and weather
- Click HERE to see the latest plays at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Click HERE to visit the Coastal Discovery Museum
- Click HERE to find events in Charleston
- Click HERE to read the local newspaper The Island Packet
Hilton Head Happenings and Festivals
- February ~ Annual Hilton Head Island Gullah Celebration. Festivals celebrating the unique West African cultural heritage of the sea islands.
- March ~Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival Events planned include Wine Centered Women, Uncork the Festival, International Wine Judging and Competition.
- March ~ Hargray Wingfest 11am-6pm Come out to Shelter Cove Park for wings, wings and more wings! Food, live entertainment, activities and fun.
- April ~ RBC Heritage Golf Tournament. It’s a legacy and tradition — a storied PGA TOUR golf tournament that’s been hosted by Harbour Town Golf Links for years.
- April ~ Hilton Head Seafood Festival ~ Shelter Cove Park Area restaurants will be featuring their best seafood dishes.
- July 4th ~ Firecracker 500– 8:00AM SC 5K Sanctioned Run & Health Walk Mall at Shelter Cove – Hilton Head
- October ~ The Annual Historic Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival held in the charming and eclectic historic district of Bluffton, well known for its natural river beauty.