While being on vacation in Hilton Head, SC is a ton of fun, packing for vacation is admittedly less exciting. Fortunately, preparing for your trip doesn’t have to be a pain in the neck! Hilton Head Properties Realty & Rentals has put together a convenient guide to everything you’ll need for your getaway. Read on for our ultimate Hilton Head packing list.
Packing for the Car
If you live in the Southeast, there’s a good chance that you’re within driving distance of Hilton Head! Roadtrippers can stow most of their belongs in the trunk, but there are a few items that you will want to keep accessible during your drive. As you pack up your car, remember to keep these things handy:
- Information about your reservation/vacation rental
- GPS (or a smartphone with GPS)
- Cell phone charger with car adapter
- Paper towels and trash bags
- An iPod, smartphone, or CD with your favorite music
- Tablets, games, books, or other entertainment
- Jumper Cables
Packing for a Flight
Vacationers who live too far away to drive can fly to Hilton Head Airport or the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (which is an hour’s drive from the center of the island). If you are packing any liquids in your carry-on luggage, make sure that they are kept in 3.4-ounce containers that can fit in a quart-sized resealable bag. Some items that you should keep in your carry-on bag instead of your checked luggage include:
- Devices, magazines, books, and other entertainment
- Chargers for your phones and devices
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A day’s worth of clothing (in case your checked bags go missing)
What to Bring to Your Vacation Rental
When you arrive at your vacation rental, you will find that many of the items you need are already waiting for you. All of our homes and villas are fully furnished with comfortable bedding and fresh linens, and most properties come with beach chairs and beach towels. To complement your vacation home’s existing amenities, we suggest adding the following items to your Hilton Head packing list:
- Soap, shampoo, and conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair dryer
- Makeup and beauty products
- Nail clippers and tweezers
- Razor and shaving cream
- Tin foil and plastic wrap
- Ziploc bags
- Bug spray
- Spices and seasoning (if you plan on cooking during your vacation)
- Laundry supplies (if your vacation home has a washer and dryer)
- Infant high chairs, portable crib, and safety gates (if applicable)
- Golf clubs (if you plan on hitting the links)
What Clothes to Pack
Hilton Head boasts gorgeous weather all year round, but the climate does change throughout the year. Keep the following information in mind when you pack clothing for your vacation:
- During the summer, you can expect average highs in the upper 80s and lows in the 70s.
- In the fall, the island has average highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s.
- Winter brings average highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s.
- The spring months have average highs in the 70s/80s and lows in the 50s/60s.
Casual clothing should be fine for most of your vacation activities, but you will probably want to pack a few nice outfits if you plan on visiting an upscale restaurant or two.
What to Bring to the Beach
Hilton Head is home to the most beautiful beaches in the South! While your vacation home will probably come with beach chairs and towels, be sure to pack these items for a day of soaking up the sun, sand, and surf:
- Bathing suits
- Beach bag
- Books or magazines
- Water toys
- Buckets and shovels
Now that you’ve read our ultimate Hilton Head packing list, it’s time to start planning your getaway! Offering everything from 1 bedroom homes to 7 bedroom homes, Hilton Head Properties Realty & Rentals is guaranteed to have the perfect accommodations for your escape. Browse our complete listing of homes and villas to find your dream vacation rental.